Monday, May 6, 2013

{Party Decor How To: Wrapping Paper Tissue Poms}

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It's been a weird couple of weeks for me. And by weird, I mean rough! I won't go into details but, let's just say I couldn't for the life of me complete a post on anything! No matter what I started to write about, I ended up deleting the entire post. Anyway, it's Monday and a brand new week! The weird/off/bad last two weeks is now in the past and o.v.e.r. Thank goodness!

I decided to start with a fun, lighthearted post. Last Saturday, I went to a baby shower. I was in charge of making tissue paper poms. I've made these before for D's birthday party (in brown to fit in with the BBQ theme) and another time for my niece's birthday tea party. Needless to say, I'm the go-to gal for making these party poms in our family. Luckily, they're easy to make and reusable. Which is great since buying packs of tissue wrapping paper over and over can get pretty expensive.

Step-by-Step Instructions:
1: Tools - scissors, stapler and string | 2: Stack at least 8 sheets of wrapping tissue paper neatly and position with the shorter end nearest you.  Begin folding approximately 1 1/2 inch sections | 3: Keep folding back and forth until the entire stack of tissue paper looks like an accordion| 4: Staple the middle of the stacked tissue paper to secure | 5: Optional - cut a half circle on both ends | 6: Tie a string around the middle and staple string to secure | 7: Gently pull apart each individual sheet and fluff towards the middle | 8: Repeat on the opposite side | 9: Fluff, adjust and repeat.


Repeat using different colors and sizes. To make different pom sizes, cut the tissue papers in half. 



xx, Shiela

No comments:

Post a Comment