When thinking about landscaping, we knew we'd have to do it in phases. If you've ever tackled a landscaping project, then you'll know it's a huge investment. But, I think it's a worthwhile investment because you are extending your living space.
A few things we knew we wanted:
1) Large concrete patio - D and I love to entertain and in our last home, we had a small courtyard which we found was difficult to furnish because it felt really crowded.
2) Grass/sod- I love the look of grass and the way it feels during the summer. We would have loved to put in a pool, but since this isn't our forever home, we thought that wouldn't be a worthwhile investment for us right now.
3) M
4) Clearly defined spaces - like I said above, a good backyard allows you to expand your living space. We definitely wanted to have enough room for a dining area, lounge area, fire pit and bbq.
Here's a reminder of what our old courtyard looked like. This was the set up for the 60th birthday party I planned for my mom.
Our dirt backyard. Yay for more space!
Phase I - large concrete patio.
Phase II - sod! Loved seeing this being dropped off in front of our house that morning!
For now, we had the contractor lay dark bark on the perimeter until we decide on what we want to plant there.
Ready for outdoor furniture!
Looking for patio furniture inspiration.
Lounge chairs and fire pit.
Dining table and chairs.
And lastly, our first BBQ with some friends.
xx, Shiela












No comments:
Post a Comment