Monday, April 29, 2013

{Beauty Show Stopper: Red Lips}

A red lip is like the little black dress or a pair of perfect diamond earrings - timeless and feminine. A red lip exudes confidence and when done right could be an absolute show stopper.

{Like Julianne Hough's red lip look}



The red lip isn't just for special occasions or a night out in the town. Life is short, wear it as part of you're everyday look! To avoid looking overdone, keep the rest of your makeup simple.

{A good example is Shay Mitchell's look}


The hard part is to find the best shade for you. It's taken me a very long time, but, I think I've finally found mine. 



{Here's a swatch}


The staying power of this lipstick is incredible. I apply it in the morning and even after lunch my lipstick is still very much intact. This lipstick is matte and very pigmented. I like the matte look for myself much better because I have full lips. Matte formulas typically are too drying but this one is amazing and does not settle in the lines on my lips. I try to remember to apply a swipe of lip balm before the lipstick but even when I don't, my lips stay moisturized but not shiny or glossy. 

xx, Shiela

| Note: Item(s) mentioned above were purchased with my own money. I was not paid to review |


No comments:

Post a Comment