{Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM}
Let's start with the good:
1. The shaper came sooner than expected. The Etsy shop quotes approximately 2-3 weeks because the shapers are handmade. The shaper I ordered was delivered in a little over 2 weeks.
2. The wipe-able, reinforced stiff bottom matched the fabric used for the rest of the shaper. This is a minor detail but a very nice touch.
3. The flexible sides are fantastic. This is an extra special feature because the LV Neverfull can be cinched at the sides for a different look.
4. The shaper is lightweight. This feature was very important to me because of the main reason I bought a Louis Vuitton bag. The bag is large and very sturdy. The straps, although very thin, can hold up to 200 lbs. This makes it great for both travel and everyday use. All this and still a very lightweight bag. I didn't want to ruin this special feature with a heavy shaper.
{Lots of room and interior pockets for organizing}
Areas for Improvement:
Color. I ordered the khaki color based on the shop owner's communication that this is the color that her customers purchase for this exact handbag. However, when I received it, the color was off. This may not be a big deal for most, but it was a deal breaker for me. The reason for this is because the LV Neverfull is an open tote style bag which means that anyone can see inside my bag at anytime. I just prefer a shaper that matched the color of the interior closer. The interior of the bag is a more beige-y brown and the shaper is more greenish beige color.
{Interior colors}
Like I said earlier, I contacted the shop owner prior to making the purchase to inquire about the color choice. I scoured the internet for reviews and pictures to see if the khaki color matched the interior of the bag. Had I come across a review similar to this or a review in the feedback section of the Estsy shop, I would have passed on this color. Instead, I would have chosen the chocolate brown version to match the interior stripes which would have complimented the beige interior much better.
{Interior stripes and text in a chocolate brown}
Verdict:
Unfortunately, I returned the shaper. I considered exchanging the khaki for the brown but was not offered free shipping for the replacement purchase. Had I been offered the accommodation, I definitely would have spent the $67.95 to purchase the brown shaper. I lost about $20 for purchase and return shipping.
My search continues. I ordered another base shaper from an entirely different company. I will post another review on that one once I receive it. In the meantime, I hope this helps!
xx, Shiela




No comments:
Post a Comment