Tuesday, June 11, 2013

{Dream Kitchen}

We moved into this house a year and half ago and I've had such a fun time decorating every room exactly the way we want it. I think because this is our first home, I went a little crazy and wanted to do EVERYTHING I had in mind! While I love creamy whites and calming neutrals, I also love very masculine severe decor. I love fresh new modern lines but get weak in the knees for unique vintage pieces. I have gotten very lucky with some rare finds on Craigslist but definitely have some very rigid rules as to which items I will NEVER buy used. I can find something I love and wouldn't change in every single room in the house. That is, except the kitchen.

You see, I've always loved, ADORED, sought-after, dreamt about, a white kitchen. White cabinets, marble countertops and sparkly stainless steel appliances. Our current kitchen couldn't be more opposite. We have deep cherry cabinets (i.e., masculine and severe), large pewter floor tile and cream countertops with gray tile detail. Let me clarify, I DO NOT hate my kitchen whatsoever. I actually really loved it when we first moved in. We looked for a bit for a home with white kitchen cabinets but around here, they're rarely done right. I've come to terms that if I ever want my dream kitchen, it will have to be born through a new home build or a kitchen renovation in our next home.









Last but not least, a ridiculously large and organized walk-in pantry.


Luckily, we don't plan for this home to be our forever home. So, for now, we're frantically saving for the next one in hopes to be able to build our kitchen exactly how we want! In the meantime, I'm pinning away and and patiently waiting for my dream kitchen.

xx, Shiela

No comments:

Post a Comment