Tuesday, April 16, 2013

{ Colored Couches }

The other day I received a private message on Facebook from an old middle school friend asking me where I purchased my bookshelves. At first, I was perplexed until I remembered that a while ago I had posted on my Facebook page a picture update of the recent decor changes I had made to my loft. So, we got to chatting a bit more and it turns out she had sold most of her furniture and is starting over and needed my help. First, I was extremely flattered. Second, thrilled because as you will learn, I'm obsessed with decorating!

One of the furniture items she decided to keep was her olive green couch. After searching the web a bit for inspiration, I realized, that a colored couch could be extremely fabulous! My taste in home decor is just the opposite. I like anything and everything neutral and serene. Creamy whites, brushed metals and monochromatic effects saturate my home's interior.

{ My living room }


One of these days I'll venture away from my neutral decor taste. In the meantime, I've decided to start collecting inspiration. I'm imagining a deep navy or pale pink couch. With the right space and accessories, a colored couch could be just the perfect anchor to pull a room together. 

{ What about a sea foam couch like this? It'll be hard to ignore the fabulous Jessica Alba, but try }


{ Carrie and Big's navy couch? Yes please! }



xx, Shiela

No comments:

Post a Comment