Wednesday, April 24, 2013

{Skincare Routine Part II: Night Time Routine}

My night time skincare routine is a bit different from my morning routine in that focuses a bit more on deep cleaning my skin. After wearing makeup for over 12 hours on an average day, my skin gets pretty oily and by bedtime my makeup is ready to come off! Like I said in my morning routine, I have very oily skin and I don't typically reapply makeup or powder too much throughout the day. Especially if I know I'm going straight home after work, I just leave my skin alone for the rest of the day.

For my night time routine, I don't neglect treating my skin and I certainly incorporate some in there. It's easy to overdo treatment so I'm careful to find products that are super gentle for my very sensitive skin. 

1. I start with taking off my eye makeup with Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. I've tried other eye makeup removers and this is by far my favorite. It is effective and does not sting or irritate my eyes. This is important because the skin around the eyes are thin and delicate. 


2. I cleanse my skin with La Roche Posay Efflacar Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash. This really deep cleans my skin and takes off all my makeup. However, it doesn't over dry my skin. In fact, it really does leave my skin pretty soft.  

3. With the La Roche Posay face wash, I sometimes use my Clarisonic Mia for an even deeper clean. I only use this about once or twice a week. I'll do a more detailed review of this in an upcoming post. 

4. After cleansing, I use Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment & Moisturizer. Like I said earlier, I try to be consistent with treating my skin since I'm very acne prone. I use a very thin layer of this lotion. It's very gentle and doesn't sting or dry my skin. 

5. While my moisturizer is drying I use La Roche Posay Hyrdraphase Intense Eyes Hydrating Eye Care Gel under my eye and lid area.

6. The last step is optional. I only use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo treatment on active breakouts. Even though I already use the Philosophy treatment and moisturizer, I feel like this really focuses on the actual breakout to speed up healing. 


I'm sure you've noticed that I use a lot of the La Roche Posay products. I will be doing a detailed review on these products in a future post. I discovered these products from a YouTube beauty blogger and they have since changed my skin. Make sure to look out for that post!


xx, Shiela

| Note: Item(s) mentioned above were purchased with my own money. I was not paid to review |



No comments:

Post a Comment